General conference topics include:
- Emerging molding technologies: Additive Manufacturing, Industry 4.0, predictive maintenance and more.
- Materials: Engineering materials, thermoplastic composites, LSR, recycled/reprocessed materials and more.
- Tooling: Intelligent molds, servo-electric tool actions, 3D-printed production tooling, advances in hot runners and more.
- Robots & Automation: Collaborative robots, Cartesian versus jointed-arm robots, when you should automate and more.
- Establishing & Maintaining a Robust Process: Applying principles of scientific molding and other strategies to create repeatable molding processes.
NEW in 2017!
Pre-conference Workshop & Seminar: Molding At the Press
Presented by: Molding Guru John Bozzelli at the Polymers Center for Excellence
Monday, April 3
1 pm - 4 pm
SECOND SESSION JUST ADDED!
Monday, April 3
9 am - Noon
Injection molding of plastic parts involves hundreds of details, which are intertwined, and complex.This short course will tackle five key processing requirements
that control many of these issues for successful 24/7 production. This is for processing not only critical tolerance/performance parts but also the ability to move
a mold & process between appropriate machines. The topics include: use the viscosity curve to determine profiling, how to deal with temperature changes,
inertia control, material/viscosity changes, why Delta P, load compensation are critical to 24/7 production and a better way of handling cooling.
Three hours of your time will provide better, more consistent parts, cheaper and in less time.
Click HERE for more details!
Post-conference Tour and On-site Demonstration at RocTool
Thursday, April 6
RocTool’s patented Rapid Heat Rapid Cool technology is adaptable to tooling for plastics and composites. This technology is available in multiple configurations
to fit various manufacturing requirements. This technology has advantages in increasing flow length and part-surface definition, and reducing sinks, weld lines,
and gate blush. RocTool Inc. has a U.S. location in Charlotte, NC with both injection and compression capabilities. At the conclusion of the Molding 2017 event,
RocTool is offering an open house for 50 visitors. Included in this free tour will be transportation from the conference hotel and back, box lunch,
and a guided tour with a LIVE demonstration on the technology. Come and learn more about RocTool and “High-Definition Plastics.”
Sponsor & Exhibit
Molding 2017 is the place to build your injection molding business.
Everybody is there.
Contract and captive molders. Tool and mold makers. OEMs.
Consultants, thought leaders, industry experts and more.